Undertaking a refurbishment or new build project can be incredibly time-consuming, and you need to ensure that it meets your requirements in terms of quality, programme and costs.
We can take over the administration side of your project by advising you on the most suitable approach to undertaking the works. We can go through the project brief, review your plans and come up with a programme, costs, review statutory obligations, undertake tendering, appoint Contractors and see your project through to completion.
- Undertake a Client’s Brief for the project.
- Review the extent of the works and the budget requirements.
- Advise on the most suitable form of construction Contract.
- Prepare the Specification and Schedule of Works, plus other tender documents.
- Advise on your requirements under the CDM (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
- Undertake the tender process including the negotiation of the contract.
- Advise on the appointment of a Contractor.
- Hold regular meetings with the Contractors
- Undertake regular inspections to review the quality and progress of the work.
- Review the programme with the Contractor.
- Issue Certificates of Payment and agreed Variations with the Client and Contractor.
- Advise on when the works are completed and undertake snagging inspections.
- Agree the final account.
There are a number of statutory matters that we can advise on and these will vary from project to project, but may include:
- Planning Approval
- Building Regulations
- Listed Building or Conservations Area Consent
- CDM Regulations 2015
- Licences to Alter
- Landlord Approval